The literal translation of Feng Shui is wind and water. Its purpose is to create harmony in our
environment by harnessing the qualities of these two natural elements where:
WIND represents breath, energy, a quality that pervades all life,
WATER represents flow and movement; it needs to move otherwise it will become stagnant.
Just as a river flows around the
contours of a landscape, so our
chi is influenced by the
contours of our Architecture.
Brought together, wind and water represent the flow and balance of life supporting energy, or chi, in our environment.
As an Architect, I have found this fundamental principle of Feng Shui to be a natural aspect of design; that our subtle lifeforce energies are
influenced by the shapes and forms of the environment around us.
At the level of our home, Feng Shui considers the way chi flows in relation to form, such as
- sharp corners or low beams
- pinch points or awkward doorways
- oppressive ceilings or blocking walls
- uncontained or missing areas
For instance, where there are sharp corners or low beams there is a cutting flow of chi that can make you feel unsettled or overwhelmed.
Feng Shui enhances the
relationship of our buildings
with our lifeforce.
Feng Shui addresses these forms and chi flows, to determine flowing, rushing, bombarding,
cutting, prickly, stagnant or frustrating effects on your lifeforce, and moderates them to provide a smooth balanced flow that makes sure you feel comfortable and supported.
It helps to make you feel at ease in your home.
During a consultation I review your home at the
- physical level – considering the plan of your home, the interior layout of rooms, positions of doorways, and any unsupportive physical forms.
- vibrational level – advising on colour, qualities and placements to deflect, focus or activate chi.
I also check positioning of your primary locations such as
- beds – to ensure a still and restful place for sleeping
- desks and favourite armchairs – to make sure you are supported and protected.
Feng Shui Design Consultations
An individual Feng Shui Design consultation includes considerations for your building plan, interior layout, furnishings and colours. Fee: £250 + travel expenses.
I work on location and not from plans alone, so that I can directly experience the chi in your home.
To make an enquiry about a Feng Shui Design consultation in your home, please contact me.